I was flipping through a magazine the other day and was freaked out at their “gift suggestions for everyone”-type list: $600 handbags, $1400 dresses, $500 blenders…even a car!?! If this is your holiday budget, all power to you. I don’t know about you, but once the rent/mortgage is paid, groceries bought, the car’s filled with gas, etc., etc., etc…, there just isn’t always as much as we’d like left over, especially during the holidays.
So…we came up with a list we’re calling 10 Gifts for 10 Dollars. Whether you’re a Secret Santa, you’re on a budget, or you just don’t feel like wracking up an insane amount of credit card debt before the end of of the month, take a look at how far you can stretch a $10 bill at Backbeat:
10 Gifts for 10 Dollars:
- 1 ecojot journal ($9.95)
- 2 secondhand paperbacks (@ $4.95 each = $9.90)
- 10 on-sale paperbacks (@ 95¢ each = $9.50)
- 3 on-sale vintage vinyl (@ $2.95 each = $8.85)
- 3-pack of wrapped surprise books – you pick the genre ($9.95)
- 2 mini notepads (@ $4.95 each = $9.90)
- 5 secondhand kids’ books (@ $1.95 each = $9.75)
- 50 guitar picks ($10)
- 1 (or 2) vintage vinyl ($9.95 – for album pictured)
- 3 used CDs ($8.85 for combination of discs pictured)
Now those are some great deals that won’t break the bank – for anyone on your list.